A Marble Bust of Alexander 1. Designed by Louis Simon Boizot. The young Tsar in uniform and wearing the sash and star of the Order of St. Andrew First Called and the cross and order of St. George, Fourth Class (awarded 13 December 1808), The Sevres Factory produced a biscuit model of this bust in 1808 as a gift from the Emperor Napoleon to Tsar Alexander following the signing of the Peace Treaty of Tilsit on 7th July 1807 and as a symbol of their developing friendship. In 1812 Alexander 1 visited the Sevres factory having entered Paris at the head of the Russian Imperial Army. The bust was produced to a design by Louis Simon Boizot and were sculpted by the Branchard Freres after a miniature marble bust, presumably by Boizot. The fact that this marble bust is the same as those produced at Sevres in every detail suggests that this is possibly the 'miniature marble bust' referred to above.